Benenden Health in conjunction with NICS WELL are hosting an online Diabetes Awareness Session on World Diabetes Day 2022.
Diabetes is a chronic (long-lasting) health condition that affects how your body turns food into energy.
There are 2 main types of diabetes:
- type 1 diabetes – where the body's immune system attacks and destroys the cells that produce insulin
- type 2 diabetes – where the body does not produce enough insulin, or the body's cells do not react to insulin
Type 2 diabetes is far more common than type 1. In the UK, around 90% of all adults with diabetes have type 2.
Raising awareness is one of the most important aspects of providing a support system for those who are living with diabetes.
This session will touch on:
- Type 1 vs. Type 2 Diabetes
- Signs and symptoms of Diabetes
- Risk Factors associated with Diabetes and how you can reduce your risk
The speaker will also be happy to answer any questions you may have.
If you would like to find out more information surrounding Diabetes, please register your details below.