A challenge run by Alcohol Change encouraging all to go alcohol free for the month of January.
See your skin get brighter, wallet fuller and days busier. Feel your step get bouncier, your mind calmer and your nights sleepier. Dry January hosts obvious benefits that make the perfect start to the New Year.
- 70% of people sleep better.
- 86% of people save money.
- 65% of people notice generally improved health.
A month alcohol-free has a lot of benefits: research published in 2018, conducted by the Royal Free Hospital and published in the British Medical Journal, found that a month off:
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces diabetes risk
- Lowers cholesterol
- Reduces levels of cancer-related proteins in the blood.
You can take part in Alcohol Change's Dry January campaign by downloading their free 'Try Dry' app or by signing up for daily emails.
For more information, click here.
Dry January in the Workplace
Getting the whole team involved in Dry January brings big benefits for all. So much can come from the team taking on the challenge together:
- More energy leading to better performance
- Reduced absenteeism and lost productivity from alcohol, which are estimated to cost businesses £7.3bn each year
- Social ties between employees that aren't based around just drinking
- A greater understanding of your legal responsibilities as an employer
- Plus you can raise money for Alcohol Change UK.
To find out ideas for running Dry January in the workplace, Click here.