This 90 minute HIV Awareness Training session provides an opportunity for Staff to raise their awareness of:
- What is HIV & AIDS?
- HIV Transmission Routes
- The importance of Testing & Treatment
- Statistics (National and International numbers)
- Prevention, including: Protection - PEP – PrEP – U=U
- The impact of Stigma & Discrimination
With treatment HIV is a manageable condition without any risk of onward transmission to others; and people living with HIV can expect a normal life span.
The Aims of the Training session are:
- To improve knowledge and raise personal awareness of HIV through providing evidence based information to dispel the fears and myths which contribute to stigma and discrimination.
- To raise awareness of the impact of prejudice and stigma for people living with or affected by HIV.
- To provide information on the main ways HIV can be transmitted and prevented.
- To encourage participants to share the learning with work colleagues, family and friends, and thereby actively raise awareness in others.
- To have fully informed staff to ensure people living with HIV are treated with dignity and respect.
If you would like to view this session, please register your details below.